Whether fishing with friends or taking your family for a day on the water, boating is a fun recreational activity. Boating, however, also presents a lot of danger which can sometimes lead to serious accidents and injuries.
Boating collisions and personal watercraft collisions — including accidents involving jet skis, sailboats and power boats — can cause serious personal injuries or even death. Boating injury victims have the right to receive compensation under the law when those injuries are the result of negligent or careless operation of a boat.
If you have been injured in a boating accident, the attorneys at the law firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. can help. Our law firm has been representing the people of Southern Illinois in boating accidents since 1950. We have the experience to help you get the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Boating accidents, like automobile and truck accidents, have a few common causes, including:
According to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources:
"You must report your boating accident if the accident results in the loss of life, injury to a person greater than first aid, or total property damage (vessel, contents, and other property) is $2,000.00 or greater."
If you have been injured in a boating accident we can help. Our local law firm handles all kinds of accident and injury cases in Illinois. Google "Hassakis & Hassakis" to find the best lawyers near you and see our reviews, such as these:
- "This was my first time having to use the service of a lawyer, everyone from the first phone call was extremely courteous and helpful. I would highly recommend Shane Carnine and his team to any friend or family!"
- "My son was burnt at the fireworks on July 4th. They took care of everything for me and didn’t stop until the case was taken care of. I would most definitely work with this law firm again."
- "I highly recommend Hassakis & Hassakis. If you want a firm that works for YOU and is there for you every step of the way, look no further. I can't say enough about Josh. He has definitely made the difficult stressful times much easier with his hard work and dedication."
- "Following a severe automobile accident in Fall of 2019 a family friend recommended I reach out to Josh Humbrecht of Hassakis & Hassakis. Josh and the entire team at Hassakis & Hassakis made a difficult process much easier. I could not be happier with my decision to work with this firm and would highly recommend them to anyone in need of professional guidance."
- "In June 2018 my son and I were involved in an automobile accident in which we were struck by a inebriated driver. After dealing with the driver's insurance company for a year, I was weary of their deception. Hassakis & Hassakis expertly dealt with them and soon arrived at a settlement. If you are involved with such a situation, stop talking to the insurance company and start talking to a professional. I highly recommend them-they will be my first call when trouble shows up."